[Terrapreta] Earthen Kiln Conjecture

Sean K. Barry sean.barry at juno.com
Fri Apr 18 23:18:24 CDT 2008

Hi Kevin,

I basically look at criticism of the IPCC and its reports by a few people as "hogshit".  There is fervent support from the vast majority of 1500+ member scientists involved with the IPCC.  Their considered opinion outweighs the radically different views of the few.  You do not like consensus, but there it is, 90-97% sure, not absolutely, just high probability.  That is bluntly stated, and the thought is built/supported by high probability estimates ("90-97% sure") from 1500+ IPCC member scientists (higher statistical significance) versus the claims of a handful of nay-sayers (lower statistical significance).  They "cherry-pick" data to try and make it say what they want to believe it says, because they can find no one who agrees with them from the outset.

I think conspiracies are a game in the realm of the few and the financially incentivized, or with "scientist-come-wannabes", not of the many and the experienced, and not of the independent.  Independent support of AGW is evident.  Criticism of AGW is bought.