[Terrapreta] Spring Planting - Biochar

bakaryjatta bakaryj at gamtel.gm
Sat Apr 19 11:44:03 CDT 2008

Tom wrote:

> Spring must be here. The ice is starting to recede from the lake shores in
> southern Minnesota. Who's planning to "plant" biochar this year?

Dear Tom,

I am on it and advertising too!

Food is priority and soils are poor

My results were encouraging and I am only interested in producing more char
without polluting, cutting trees and other harmfull acts against the
environment.

Suggestions about how to harness all that extra energy or store excess gas
using simple technology are most welcome.

I think the biggest challenge is to make the process simple so that many
people will be able to replicate the system at low cost.

Replacing the barrel retort with an improved kiln may be feasible for low
income farmers.

Warm regards,

Bakary Jatta
Bwiam Village WR