[Terrapreta] Greenhouse Gases, Forestry, Dinassour Carbon, IPCC, Carbon Tax, etc, etc...

Tom Miles tmiles at trmiles.com
Sun Apr 20 11:07:16 CDT 2008

Kevin,

As you suggest  more focus should engage more people in the discussion.
There are currently 287 members of the TP list. Turnover has been about 10%
in the course of a year as people decide whether they are interested in
either the topics or the volume of messages. Even when the discussion turns
into a tedious dialogue (or monologue) people seem to be lurking rather than
leaving.

List members should remember that these discussion lists are proactive- if
you are looking for particular answers you have to ask the questions.

Even with the digressions the often meandering discussion has provided very
useful information which we have made available through stories and links on
the website to 300-500 visitors per day.

While carbon policy may not be of interest to everyone TP and biochar needs
to be part of the debate or it will not be used. There may be a better forum
for that discussion. I am not aware of one.

Tom

>Is there any way we can get back on subject and focus on addressing the
question:
>"How can char be used in the soil to its greatest advantage?"

>What do others think about this suggestion? Do you think it has merit? Do
you think it will help prevent loss of TP List subscribers?