[Terrapreta] TP as paradigm shift

David Yarrow dyarrow at nycap.rr.com
Mon Apr 21 07:00:08 CDT 2008

lou has touched off an important chorus line for our emerging TP song.  here's a quick sketch of the lyrics.

TP is not just about charcoal
TP is not just a new fertilizer or soil amendment.
TP isn't just a new way to think about soil fertility.
TP is a new way to conduct our relations to nature.
TP is about ultimately about cultures: human, microbial, ecological.

the image of TP is the circle -- the open letter C.
the first principle of TP is the cycle -- of returning everything to nature -- to the soil.
the main activity of TP is carbon recycling and sequestration.
in this seamless sequestration cycle, there is no such thing as waste.

when we get down to composing verses for our global TP advertisement video, i want to compose a special verse about micro-organisms living in the soil and the composition and climate in the earth's atmosphere.

for a green & peaceful planet,
David Yarrow
44 Gilligan Rd, E Greenbush, NY 12061
www.championtrees.org