[Terrapreta] TP as paradigm shift

lou gold lou.gold at gmail.com
Mon Apr 21 07:27:30 CDT 2008

Right on David.

As you well recall, the 20th Century's most important book on the so-called
"green revolution" was Wendell Berry's, The Unsettling of America: Essays
Cultural and Agricultural<http://www.amazon.com/Unsettling-America-Culture-Agriculture/dp/0871568772/ref=pd_bbs_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1208780095&sr=8-2>.
Today, we are still discussing the themes most eloquently laid down by this
extraordinary farmer-poet-philosopher. In order to get it "more right" in
our current responses to crisis we must bring agriculture (rural) and
culture (urban) back together. This is the harmony lost from the times
of *terra
preta do indio* -- the El Dorado of human consciousness -- that we now seek
in a modern form.

What a wonderful mission this is! I feel blessed to have lived long enough
to see it start up and feel optimistic for the first time in my personal
history of environmental work.

hugs and blessings,

lou

http://lougold.blogspot.com