[Terrapreta] Food Shortages

lou gold lou.gold at gmail.com
Tue Apr 22 08:02:27 CDT 2008

Thank you Max.

You have delivered a true gift to all of us.

I am reminded of Wade Davis' TED Talk http://www.ted.com/talks/view/id/69
In speaking of the "ancient ones" -- indigenous peoples such as indios da
terra preta -- he remarks that they had two things that we don't have: time
and ritual.

Time can be conquered through story -- stories offered by elders (who recall
the past) and stories by seers (who project a future) and by all of us (who
make time for considering the stories).

Ritual can be recreated. A garden is a good one.

hugs and blessings,

lou