[Terrapreta] Food Shortages

David Yarrow dyarrow at nycap.rr.com
Tue Apr 22 14:40:39 CDT 2008

patience, persistence and faith, michael.

in recent centuries, most new and good ideas take 50 years to reach widespread acceptance and inclusion as "conventional wisdom."  even with all our communication technology, new ideas -- and this is bigger than an idea -- this is a whole, freaking, box-busting paradigm -- new ideas take a couple of decades to become the new consensus.  wim sombroek published his book making the case for terra preta in 1992.  16 years later, i'd say his idea has made rapid and astonishing progress towards GLOBAL awareness and acceptance -- especially since this idea doesn't have an industry to finance, research, develop, promote, lobby, and advertise for it.

dy