[Terrapreta] Ice-age anyone?

Kevin Chisholm kchisholm at ca.inter.net
Fri Apr 25 19:44:41 CDT 2008

Dear Lou

lou gold wrote:
> Hey Kevin,
>
> I'm gonna take my own advice.
>
> as always,
Well, of course! We all have to go with what we are comfortable. :-) No
problem with that!

Given that you favor Global Warming, would you care to comment on the
following questions:

Given that we are now in a period of Global Warming, the only question
is: When will our present Global Warming Episode turn into a Global
Cooling Episode? Would you agree that this is a reasonable question to
ask? Are we going to enter the Global Cooling Phase in 1 year, 5
years...10?...20?...50?....100 years?

Can the "activities of Man" diminish the extent of Global Warming, and
extend our present warm period in a controlled manner? Can the
activities of Man then be modified to delay the onset of the next Global
Cooling period and Ice Age?

Two other interesting questions could be:
1: Given that 100% of Mankind accepted that Global Warming was going to
get worse, and that we all agreed to do whatever was necessary to hold
Climate Change to within acceptable limits, what would be the cost to
Mankind?
and
2: What is the cost to Mankind if we do nothing?

Best wishes,

Kevin