[Terrapreta] Ice-age anyone?

Greg and April gregandapril at earthlink.net
Sat Apr 26 15:09:54 CDT 2008

Are they?

< shrug >

How accurate were the instruments that made the measurements?

I wouldn't trust anything made prior to WW2 for anything other than a
general guide and that is hardly what scientific findings should be based
on.    For all practical purposes only the last 60-70 yrs have instruments
been sensitive enough ( in mass quantities ) to consider the readings to be
reliable, and even then there still have been readings from instruments with
a 5* F scale from 15-20 ft away at the closest ( and that is assuming that
the person doing the job actually went outside and just didn't fudge the
reports to stay inside ).

In order to be credible, all the instruments used would have to have the
same accuracy and precision - if not, then you can be anywhere on the grid
and not know it.

Greg H.