[Terrapreta] Ice-age anyone?

Kevin Chisholm kchisholm at ca.inter.net
Sat Apr 26 19:25:00 CDT 2008

Dear Sean
Sean K. Barry wrote:
> Hi Kevin,
>
> What are you saying?!

I am saying that there is a valid basis to question some of the data.
(See below.)
> Two sites.  Not even real sites?  Annual average global atmospheric
> temperatures are not measured merely from two sites that are in urban
> areas.  The variation from two sites taken in total cannot add any
> statistically significant variation to the mass of data that has been
> compiled from sensors all over the world, operated by diverse people
> all over the world.

The pictures are indeed real sites. One is a "good site" and one is a
"bad site". If you read the referenced URL's you would know this. You
should read the referenced URL's before you go jump to conclusions
> Your posting say nothing USEFUL.

I can see how you would come to that conclusion, not having not read the
referenced websites.
>   Your claims are weak, ill-founded, and always wholly or nearly
> wholly unsupported.

I can see how you would make that claim, in that you  didn't read the
referenced web sites.
>   Show me the paper that says 1500+ qualified, Nobel prize winning
> scientists, will back up, and agree wholly with your assertions?

That is an impossible ask. They don't agree among themselves, hence the
need for a "consensus report."

> http://www.sciencemag.org/cgi/content/full/306/5702/1686

That is a "pro IPCC site." For balance, see:
http://climatescience.blogspot.com/2007/11/ipcc-dissent-by-roger-helmer-mep.html
When you have both sides of the story, chances are you can have a better
understanding of the problem.

They have a neat little survey there... "

    Do you accept that CO2 is the main cause of climate change?

Take the Survey, and see what the Survey reports that most people think.

> Back it up.  Or, shut up, and make some cooperative contributions to
> this discussion.

You don't demand absolute agreement within the IPCC, yet you harshly
demand that I agree with your views. That seems to be unfair and
inconsistent, wouldn't you say?

Kevin