[Terrapreta] Ice-age anyone?

Ron Larson rongretlarson at comcast.net
Sun Apr 27 04:35:57 CDT 2008

To the Denier-type Terra Preta List Members (those who believe in global warming, read on only for your education):

    1.  Kevin last night said:  I am saying that there is a valid basis to question some of the data. (See below.) and then said: For balance, see:
http://climatescience.blogspot.com/2007/11/ipcc-dissent-by-roger-helmer-mep.html When you have both sides of the story, chances are you can have a better understanding of the problem.
    There were no other references cited, but I apparently missed two earlier citations from Kevin. I will not now go back to either, unless there is a request I do so.

    2.  I have visited maybe 20-30 such sites.  This citation led me to the least scientific denier-site I have found yet.  Roger Helmer is a Member of the European Parliament, with a background in business, none that I could see to qualify him on global warming (see http://www.rogerhelmer.com/).  The above site contains a short warming-denier letter from Helmer, with nothing scientific in it.   I did not find anything scientific on the climatescience site.

    3.  The Helmer site showed me that he is the honorary chair of the The Freedom Association, which covers a number of Conservative Party causes and a small amount on climate from the warming-denier perspective.  Going there, I found one 3-page fact sheet (http://www.tfa.net/pdfs/cc001.pdf  ) on climate  -  no references, no author.  The last two sentences (which are typical) state: - Statistically, global temperatures have been static or falling since 1998.  -Between 2003 and 2005 the oceans suddenly cooled, losing 20% of the heat they had gained in the previous 50 years.

   4.   I ask that warming-deniers on this list send me any source which you feel scientifically substantiates either of these last two sentences.  Repeating the claim won't count as scientific.

  5.    This web-exercise was a perfect example of this list's big lie problem (which lie I am not attributing to Kevin).  I remain hopeful that I can get something serious to debate.