[Terrapreta] Ice-age anyone? - RWL part 2.

Duane Pendergast still.thinking at computare.org
Sun Apr 27 19:11:56 CDT 2008

Just plain compressed CO2 Greg. It's not my gig, but there has been quite a
lot of R&D here in Alberta to evaluate the likelihood it will stay
underground. Bill Gunter at Alberta Research Council is one of the
researchers taking a lead on this should you wish to do some Googling.

Some of it is to be used to help recover more oil. I was actually
peripherally involved in that aspect of it some 40 years ago. I understand
most is simply to be pumped underground to keep it out of the atmosphere.
That's why I comment I'm glad to see a potential use for it as suggested by
Peter Read.

Personally, I have a feeling that using it to produce char and build up the
soil might be more beneficial.

Sincerely,

Duane Pendergast