[Terrapreta] Sequestering CO2

Sean K. Barry sean.barry at juno.com
Sun Apr 27 23:55:44 CDT 2008

Hi Kurt,

About 1/4 to 1/3 of the weight (1/2 the volume) of biomass can be converted to charcoal.

Compressing CO2 is energy intensive.  Piping (pumping) CO2 gas is energy intensive.  Pumping it down, at pressure into the ground is energy intensive.  It would probably take more energy to compress/pipe/pump CO2 into the ground, than all of the energy that was harvested from the fossil fuel to emit the CO2 in the first place.  There are not enough CO2 reservoirs in the ground to house all of the CO2 we produce.

Now what?  Quit calling TP and "clean charcoal production" an "airy-fairy plan".  You DO NOT propose a better more workable plan.