[Terrapreta] Strong warning against "simple" charcoal kilns

Peter Read peter at read.org.nz
Mon Apr 28 13:57:21 CDT 2008

Don't really want to get drawn into this too much, but surely Sean's problem can be solved by letting in some secondary air near the top of the outer barrel, as is done in efficient closed combustion stoves.  Maybe clap on a lid with chimney over the top, to maintain high enough temperature for methane combustion.
Peter