[Terrapreta] Biochar in the Sahel?

Tom Miles tmiles at trmiles.com
Sun Feb 3 16:56:19 CST 2008

Bakary Jatta

Charcoal would be a natural complement to the techniques that the DCG has
been using in Mali.
See: Integrated Plant Nutrition Management in Mali pdf Summary Report
1998-2004
http://www.drylands-group.org/noop/file.php?id=512

I haven't heard of the Women's group but it is encouraging that biochar is
being tried. The related Cornell University work has been in Kenya and
Zambia.

Making char from biomass rubbish sounds like where terra preta started. :-)

Regards,

Tom