[Terrapreta] modified TPI Kiln

Duane Pendergast still.thinking at computare.org
Tue Feb 5 08:31:06 CST 2008

Morning Sean,

That's why we need nuclear energy.

http://terrapreta.bioenergylists.org/pendergastcarbon

Duane

To be sure, 'tis better to burn charcoal-as-fuel, than coal, oil, gasoline,
diesel, or any other carbonated fossil fuel.  But, in the race to remove CO2
from the atmosphere and reduce atmospheric GHG levels, though, renewable
biomass energy sources alone isn't up to that task.  Using these versus
fossil fuels will only slow our demise.  Then, this charcoal-in-soil Terra
Preta thing also just simply needs the charcoal.

We can't do both charcoal-as-fuel and charcoal-in-soil.  I pick the latter,
with charcoal made in simple kilns, by lots and lots of people, simple
people, who do it because they need energy.  They will see that they can use
the kiln to provide the energy source and will leave the charcoal for the
soil.  If it all works out right, this improves the soil around their homes
(not degrades the air quality) and it will make growing and getting food
easier for them, too.

Who can see this grand plan?