[Terrapreta] modified TPI Kiln

Gerald Van Koeverden vnkvrdn at yahoo.ca
Tue Feb 5 21:47:35 CST 2008

Sean,

Have you considered using thermoacoustics to transform the heat from
the charcoal-kiln directly into electricity?

"The operation of the device, fuelled by burning biomass products
such as wood or, potentially, animal dung, will rely on
thermoacoustics — sound waves generated by the non-uniform heating of
gas. An example of this is when hot glass vessels ‘sing’ as the glass
is being blown. When harnessed, this phenomenon can create new energy
conversion process possibilities. While many communities in the
developing world cook on open fires, thermoacoustic technology could
provide a more efficient way of using wood as a fuel — with fewer
pollutants."

http://www.score.uk.com/research/Shared%20Documents/Articles/
scoreengineer.pdf

Gerrit