[Terrapreta] Need info for/on Haiti

John G. Flottvik jovick at shaw.ca
Wed Feb 13 11:15:33 CST 2008

Jim.

As far as I know, every piece of wood on Haiti has been used to make
charcoal and the country no looks like a clear cut . There was a company
from Florida a few years back that wanted our technology there to make
hurricane debris into charcoal for the Haiti market. The company director
was from Haiti and she was very keen on the proposal.

As you/the list knows, I started a pot trial last summer but due to to many
shade trees, our house became an afternoon shade, I consider the trial a
failure. That said, the charcoal in soil and my JF BioCarbon pots did grow a
LOT better than the others.

I now live in a place where we have record sunshine, open fields and no
shade ( unless you want it) and I plan to do some large char in soil tests.
I'm also working hard to get my JF BioCarbon product on line before spring
which is very close.

Come this summer, I will definitely share my work with the list, and if need
for testing purposes in Haiti will provide
charcoal to use as testing. As far as I know, Haiti needs a lot of help and
if charcoal in soil can be the tool, I'm all for it.

Regards

John Flottvik