[Terrapreta] Critical thinking or lack thereof

Sean K. Barry sean.barry at juno.com
Sun Feb 17 15:07:10 CST 2008

Hi Jim,

I'm with Richard on this, too.  Michael Crichton is a FICTION writer.  He has to take license with what writes .. speeches or novels, lest he bore the bejesuzz out of anyone listening, like Al Gore does and most everyone of the global climatologists on the IPCC does to lay people.
But, as for critical thinking about scientific credibility, Michael Crichton is a putz.  Try reading anything posted on www.ipcc.ch<http://www.ipcc.ch/>  ... it far more long winded than Michael Crichton and most of it has none of the polish or flamboyance of "Prey", but as far as critical thinking about global warming goes, it IS the real deal.  Those Nobel prize laurieates don't just play doctors on TV, nor do they just write stories about play doctors or play cops on TV.