[Terrapreta] Critical thinking or lack thereof

Peter Read peter at read.org.nz
Sun Feb 17 16:07:45 CST 2008

Don't bother with the IPCC which is out of date and heavily sanitized
[[ visit  http://www.meridian.org.uk/Resources/Global%20Dynamics/IPCC/index1.htm for an account of the political corruption of IPCC reports]]

For an up to date account of the state of the climate visit http://www.carbonequity.info/ and download

NEW FEBRUARY 2008: NEW REPORT!
CLIMATE CODE RED: The case for a sustainability emergency
Climate policy is characterised by the habituation of low expectations and a culture of failure.  There is an urgent need to understand global warming and the tipping points for dangerous impacts that we have already crossed  as a sustainability emergency, that takes us beyond the politics of failure-inducing compromise. We are now in a race between climate tipping points and political tipping points.
Incorporates:
* The big melt: lessons from the Arctic summer
* Target practice: how far should emissions be cut?

Although put out by an environmentalist pressure group, this is a serious piece of work heavily referenced to the latest scientific literature
You can download for free but they will ask you for a donation, which I think they deserve

Peter