[Terrapreta] TP and Global Warming

Kurt Treutlein rukurt at westnet.com.au
Tue Feb 19 17:22:30 CST 2008

In order for TP to get rid of global warming every ton (and there are a
multitude) of carbon from fossil fuel that is dug out of the earth EACH
DAY would have to be buried back in the soil as charcoal EVERY DAY.

Think about it.

That would halt the increase in CO2 levels in the atmosphere dead in
it's tracks, followed by a decline as the earth itself mops up the CO2
in the air.

The only real connection between TP and global warming is the
serendipitous possible fiscal benefit from any Carbon Credit scheme that
we can get into. Plus the warm and fuzzy feeling we might get from
knowing that the carbon we are plowing into the soil will stay there
virtually forever, thus doing our miniscule thing to ameliorate the
effects of burning fossil fuels.

Kurt