[Terrapreta] Suggestions for 15 minute presentation?

Green Waste Recycle Yard info at GreenWasteRecycleYard.com
Wed Feb 20 15:21:04 CST 2008

Hi all,

My business, Green Waste Recycle Yard, will be an exhibitor Feb 29th at the
Bay-Friendly Landscaping & Gardening Conference in the San Francisco area:

http://www.stopwaste.org/home/index.asp?page=787

While our exhibit will be promoting our own services and products, I will
also use this opportunity to introduce the concept of biochar to an
excellent target audience of several hundred "green" public & private sector
professionals, landscape architects, designers, contractors, and home
gardeners.

I have a 15 minute slot for a presentation, in which I will present our
business, and also what we hope to do with biochar. While there are tons of
materials out there on the subject, I'm looking for the most effective
materials (graphs, photographs, diagrams, etc.) for an 5-10 minute "elevator
pitch" to an audience new to the concept. I want to sketch out the basic
ideas and potential of biochar, both as might apply to their own pursuits as
well as for the greater good. The purpose is evangelize, to get them
intrigued enough to research and follow new developments on their own, and
further virally get the word out.

I'm looking for your recommendations for appropriate materials. Some
examples:

 - side by side plant/root growth control/char photos, such as Robert
Flanagan's
 - photos of organisms growing on biochar, showing how it works
 - simple figures/graph on increased water retention and reduced emissions
of greenhouse gases (i.e. nitrous oxide)
 - a one page list of URLs for Terra Preta reading (or a URL with such a
list)
 - a 5-10 minute PowerPoint presentation that already has compiled simple
clear graphs, photos, etc.

I'd appreciate keeping your suggestions simple, appropriate for an average
intelligent person with no previous familiarity with biochar. I don't want
to overwhelm them with complexity or encyclopedic kitchen-sink resources.
These should simply pique their interest, and give them easy clear next
steps to find out a bit more.

Thank you.

Bernie