[Terrapreta] Leser Brown and charcoal as co2 negative stuff

Richard Haard richrd at nas.com
Tue Feb 26 22:39:43 CST 2008

Dear Folke Gunther

Very Good power point presentation. I am happy to see my image of
Larry Williams fingertips and charcoal with plant roots attached in
your show and reference to our reading list.  Thank you. It would be
very good to extend this reading list discussion to  a broader  group
individuals with interests in atmospheric carbon mitigation.

This is the kind of information we need to assemble for purposes of
showing the possibilities for using charcoal in soil.  It is my
feeling that we must have reasons beyond sequestering carbon to bury
charcoal which has competing economic uses. In Sweden, are you using
charcoal in gardening, in water treatment?

Richard Haard