[Terrapreta] FW: Terrapreta Digest, Vol 11, Issue 71

Greg and April gregandapril at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 1 14:05:18 CST 2008

FW: [Terrapreta] Terrapreta Digest, Vol 11, Issue 71Nikolaus,

I'm had to spend the night thinking about how to answer your e-mail, because I was not sure if I was more mad or hurt at what happened.

After repeatedly reading your post, I eventually decided that I was hurt that you jumped to one of a few possible conclusions and did not check with me to see if I actually did it, before bringing it out to air in public.    I also agree that had I actually did it, I would have deserved a royal dressing down.

Because you just don't know me very well ( and I like to think that we will get to know each other better in the future ), I accept your apology and forgive you.

To be perfectly honest when I first read your message, I couldn't even figure out if you was really talking to me or not, because the thought of the things you said is totally abhorrent to me,
and looking over the letter from Mr. Cox, I can see where you might have received the impression that I had sent him a copy of the post between us, nor did he say anything in his letter to tell you how he came about it.

I do want to make a few things clear - to you and to the list in general.....

-    Unless someone has work, that has been openly published and is in the public domain, I do not directly quote them without their permission.

-    If they tell me something by e-mail that I think would be of use to others, I always get their permission **before** I ever pass that e-mail on.    I can not think of a single time that I have not done this.

-    If it ends up for one reason or another that I can't get their permission to directly pass on their e-mail, I **may** pass some very general information ( that is based on what the public may has access to ), but more likely I will pass on contact information, so that the person I am talking to, can try and get it directly from the source.

As it is, all I can say that I did not do it, but there is never any possible way I could prove it, as no one can ever prove a negative.

I do ask you to consider these facts -

The list archives are open for anyone in the world to see, and if you are Googling " Terra Preta ", sooner or later you will find this list, and it's archives ( it's the Terrapreta list archives that I found while Googling charcoal and Terra Preta as separate subjects that allowed me find to this forum ) - in all fairness I also ran across the work that Mr. Cox mentions, but, for me it's useable information was scanty at best.

If you Google ' pressure, kiln, Terra Preta, charcoal ' you will get only about 80 returns, and of those returns, about 5 of them come from this list.    Anytime that more than 5% of a Google search returns a particular web site you know something  is going on-

***Anyone*** in the world checking out the list, would have sooner or later found the archives and would sooner or later would have seen that post between us.

***Anyone*** in the world that found the posts in the archives between you and I would have seen our e-mail addresses.

/2007-December/003176.html
/2007-December/003177.html

Again, apology accepted and let there be peace between you and I.

Greg H.