[Terrapreta] Biochar/Pyrolysis Units Out There

Tom Miles tmiles at trmiles.com
Wed Jan 2 14:16:23 CST 2008

Go to http://terrapreta.bioenergylists.org and Search "Making charcoal" and
"carbonization" or go to:

http://terrapreta.bioenergylists.org/taxonomy/term/267

http://terrapreta.bioenergylists.org/search/node/carbonization

Some list members have made some creative retorts.

Tom Miles

I'm fairly new to the concept of biochar/terra preta.  What I am wondering
about and looking for are actual designs for pyrolysis units.  I've seen
Flanagan's small home stove concept and I've read about using cargo shipping
containers, but I can't seem to find real specifics about how one would go
about creating a small to medium scale pyrolysis unit.  Any info on this
would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Ryan