[Terrapreta] Carbon Trading Primer in Scientific American

Sean K. Barry sean.barry at juno.com
Mon Jan 7 14:54:01 CST 2008

Hi Bakary Jatta,

I certainly can empathize with your need to use simple methods and trail and error in your work there in The Gambia.  You do carry a light of understanding there, though, too, which is a tremendous benefit to that part of the world.  I hope you can share your understanding and experience as much with your countrymen as you do with us.  Please stay connected with us and let us know more of your experiments and story.  I think what you are doing is very valuable.

I believe that there is a way to involve those thousands of peasants to all participate in this work of forming Terra Preta soils.  I believe, too, that they can receive immediate and lasting benefits in there lives for doing this work.

Thanks for your comments.