[Terrapreta] Electrical conductivity of charcoal + 08 wishes

Sean K. Barry sean.barry at juno.com
Thu Jan 10 22:32:46 CST 2008

Hi Geoff,

Are you doing "proximate analysis" tests of the charcoal produced in your "biscuit tin" pyrolysis experiments?

#6 Experiment with Limelight (1850 to1910) driven by woodgas mini generators.

That's an interesting experiment.  Wood gas and coal gas were both initially used to fir gas lights, circa 1850-1910.  Both these gases are forms of "synthesis gas" or "producer gas"; mostly in declining relative amounts, N2 (in "producer gas"), CO, H2, CO2, H2O, CH4, O2, and trace others, etc.  Depending on how the source fuel of was oxidized during pyrolysis, the consistency and amount of the gases would vary.