[Terrapreta] Fossil fueled based fertilizers

Sean K. Barry sean.barry at juno.com
Sat Jan 12 12:53:41 CST 2008

Hi Gerrit,

http://www.physics.uwo.ca/teamcana/2004/hughes_report.pdf<http://www.physics.uwo.ca/teamcana/2004/hughes_report.pdf>

^This is just a fantastic paper!  That kid, Dustin Hughes, is ahead of his time.  He sees in quantified terms exactly what Peter Read is talking about and what I have been beating around trying to say, too.  He saw this three or four years ago, too.  Charocal into soil (Terra Preta style) is a way to "mine" carbon out of the atmosphere and it will directly and can immediately effect atmospheric carbon levels to the better.  If I knew how to get a hold of this kid, I'd offer him a job working for my company.  He sees exactly the objectives I think need to be accomplished.