[Terrapreta] Numerical data

Richard Haard richrd at nas.com
Sun Jan 13 12:26:08 CST 2008

thank you Lewis for your comments. My perspective reflects my own
background in mycology - the study of fungi. I agree that 'how we make
[charcoal]  may not be the whole story'. It does put researchers on
the same page.  Also the physical properties of charcoal alone and its
presence in soil is a step in a process that makes terrapreta.

To me the story by the student of Louis Agassi the Harvard naturalist
of 1848-73 on the value of contemplative study that reveals the value
of close observation [in addition to hypothesizing &
experimentation] , for analysis.

http://www.duke.edu/~trout/w20/scudder.html