[Terrapreta] Numerical data

MMBTUPR at aol.com MMBTUPR at aol.com
Sun Jan 13 16:06:08 CST 2008

In a message dated 1/13/08 2:26:26 PM, richrd at nas.com writes:

> http://www.duke.edu/~trout/w20/scudder.html

A great yarn. In   a strange way, it reminds me of the "battlefield medicine"
still practiced by immediate care givers in developing countries. They have
no laboratories handy and only a minimum of instruments, medicines and
diagnostic materials, so they rely very heavily on the observation of minute details
that would be entirely overlooked by medical students and young doctors in
developed countries. Reminds me also of the doctors of my childhood who made house
calls and did most of their diagnoses on the basis of experience, a throat
stick, a rubber hammer and their fingers.

Since we are not sure what we are looking for in the case of terra preta and
since so many of the key interactions may be between minute participants, it
would seem a good idea to apply the same sort of acute, minute observation to
materials of our concern.

Cordially. ###

Start the year off right.  Easy ways to stay in
shape.