[Terrapreta] Soil Tilth and Biochar

Allan Balliett aballiett at frontiernet.net
Mon Jan 14 10:27:58 CST 2008

>I wonder, are terra preta and the use of charcoal (biochar)
>discussed in sustainable agriculture groups of this kind the way we
>have seen on the Permaculture and SANET forums?

ACRES USA ran a cover story on Terra Preta last January. (Shit, I wrote it!)

There's LOTS OF INTEREST among eco-ag people but, GUESS WHAT?

There's isn't a lot of char or appropriate charcoal to work with so
that people can report on char in the soil from experience.

How are we going to solve that limitation?

-Allan Balliett
Shepherdstown, WV