[Terrapreta] Terra Preta.

John G. Flottvik jovick at shaw.ca
Mon Jan 14 10:51:03 CST 2008

Jim & Gerrit and all.

My slow response to your Dec 27th 07 questions. Have just moved to a trailer
which in turn will be moved to Merritt BC at end of month.

First, technically I don't own all the charcoal we have made as I have been
the subject of a hostile takeover. (dont have anything but knowlage left)

That said, I will try to lay claim to the char for my soil amendment product
"JF Biocarbon charcoal soil enhancement" product. Gerrit, I have not planed
to sell charcoal alone, and as such, have not investigated a market price.
Not sure where the $200 per ton came from but I don't think it can be made
and brought to market for that price.

The product I will be bringing to market will have two engridience in it and
I'm presently trying to fill out an application form for the Organic
material Review Institute in Oregon. As you mentioned in your post, only
some activated carbon products are on the accepted OMRI list. My product
will be classed as a "new product" so I have to send each product to a lab
for analysis. Softwood charcoal as one and pre-dried (300C) cow manure as
two. You will note in the OMRI handbook that all raw and pasteurized manures
are a restricted product.

Once in Merritt I will try to set up a bagging line, build a small reactor
for my own use and start over. One thing about building the last 40 tpd
unit, I learned a lot of new inventions that will GREATLY improve the next
unit. Of course that depends on funding.

For now I have a head full of new ideas, no cash but a glass half full of
charcoal, a friend named Richard whom has offered to support my new product
in the US so will see where this spring takes me.

Kind regards and thanks to all who has offered great advice trough 2007.  08
will be great.

John Flottvik