[Terrapreta] Fw: eprida char - organic again ?

Sean K. Barry sean.barry at juno.com
Tue Jan 15 02:09:47 CST 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: Sean K. Barry<mailto:sean.barry at juno.com>
To: Terra Preta<mailto:terrapreta at bioenergylists.org> ; Gerald Van Koeverden<mailto:vnkvrdn at yahoo.ca>
Sent: Monday, January 14, 2008 12:03 AM
Subject: Re: [Terrapreta] eprida char - organic?

Hi Gerrit,

I don't think Eprida charcoal has been explicitly certified for use by organic growers, by I don't know that for sure.  When Troposphere Energy makes charcoal for sale, I intend to make sure it is explicitly certified for use by organic growers.  I think this is definitely a bar that they will expect to be surpassed before they will adopt charcoal in soil to use in organic growing.

I talked to someone at the Organic Material Review Institute (OMRI) once and obtained a copy of the document they used to make determination about just this kind of thing, certifying materials for use in organic growing.  It is titled "USDA National Organic Rule Summary".

I've attached it for your perusal.
strike that ...

I think this document is available on the terrapreta website, Tom?