[Terrapreta] Life cycle of forest fire char?

Duane Pendergast still.thinking at computare.org
Wed Jan 30 08:53:37 CST 2008

            David,

It seems many fires kill even large trees and leave them standing up in this
part of the continent. Forests have been and are burned quite regularly. The
possible role of naturally occurring fires in producing char and building
soil seems something we should know more about.

http://www.computare.org/Support%20documents/Letters/Letters%202003/Forest%2
0Fire%2003_08.htm

Duane