[Terrapreta] Another promising carbon capture technique

Elliot efnews at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 21:26:42 CST 2008

> and 5?  someone must be proposing the spiking of shell or bone dense
> critter populations to fix co2 in caco3.  what scenarios are out there
> for this on the biological side?

>From my understanding the acidification of the oceans by increased
absorbtion of CO2 has the potential to stop the biological pathway
used to create CaCO3. There appears to be more risk of this process
shutting down than saving us.

At the end of the video the presenter states that all of the municipal
solid waste in the UK could sequester ~10,000 cars worth of CO2. That
would only leave the other 20million cars (??) + coal power stations +
cement kilns etc etc. Definately no silver bullet here.

Elliot