[Terrapreta] negative effects of charcoal, no instantaneousness, and

Michael Bailes michaelangelica at gmail.com
Sun Jun 1 02:25:25 CDT 2008

2008/5/31 francoise precy <f.precy at hotmail.co.uk>:

> Wow, visited by archangel,
> hello Michael
> thanks for your mail.

Yes if you have periods just keep an eye on the date next month :)

> Gasification:
> After 2 hours of wild meanderings from your email thru all aspects of fire
> in various dimensions, you somehow got me to pair these two: gasification –
> pyrolysation, and suddenly realize that these are so to speak "the two faces
> of the charring process". Following Sean got me to yo-yo between the two
> without seeing the link. A whole new set of horizons. Thanks very much.
>
> why charcoal sometimes brings negative results:
> ... b/c they weren't doing "charcoal soul amendments" - and in a space
> capsule :-) couldn't be sweeter.
> Was writing 2 days ago: "D'you know, I got a feeling that in that
> particular case precisely (of negative results) the key-word in the primary
> term of the equation "charcoal + biomass = TP", wouldn't be the charcoal but
> the biomass."
>
> Besides that, it's been my shameful regret to face the fact that I did not
> check what had been going on in the list re. these articles.

It was a good discussion you should chase it up.

> Promise no more bricks til this one's been well forgotten.

bricks
TP is not a religion (YET Erich and I are working on it) so we need to look
at the science.
The problem is it is so complex and involves so many scientific disciplines.
I FEEL that in the end it is going to come down to the "wee beasties" and
'critters' in the soil. Problem is  they are slippery little buggers and
studying them is fraught with all sorts of technical and scientific
problems. We have probably only named less that 30% of them. Talk about
"Bulls in a China Shop" these are the guys that keep us fed after all and we
know pitifully little about them
At least TP focuses on them (WBs and Critters) and soil is not just seen as
a hydroponic medium to make plants stand up wile we supply all their needs
and spray all their "enemies".

--
Michael the Archangel
"Politicians will never solve The Problem;