[Terrapreta] negative effects of charcoal, no instantaneousness, and

Michael Bailes michaelangelica at gmail.com
Sun Jun 1 05:43:44 CDT 2008

2008/5/30 francoise precy <f.precy at hotmail.co.uk>:

> Hi Ruy, Sean, Kevin, Lou and all,
>
> googling *charcoal negative effects on plant growth*, find loads. Ex.:
>
> Since we are in irrationality, here's a piece: In a *do-nothing* agronomy,
> timing is essential and is not a fixed term. Plus, the timelines of the main
> factors are different but very much interdependant. Lastly no-one seems to
> have caught up on the several if not numerous similarities between biofilms
> and micro-organisms as yet, can't find any study in that sense. But I think
> somewhere along the line it'll be found that the micro-organisms' population
> dynamics abide (also) by some principle based on 'quorum sensing' = *a type
> of decision-making process used by decentralized groups (such as bacteria
> colonies) to coordinate behavior... according to the local density of their
> population*, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quorum_sensing.

I am not sure I relly understand this

> I agree with Sean that TP soils are mostly man-made – for the same reason
> for which I disagree with him about instantaneousness: timing. Soil life is
> not on the same timelife-scale as carbon, doesn't ring right to insist that
> it be directly linked. If anything, natural TP seems to me more likely to
> happen thru forest fires. But can't count on that to build up a soil, I
> think... TP is harvested from previously built-up sites (built-up as TP
> soil, that means). Lou's got funny ways of talking for some things, and he's
> graced with near-impervious shield against sarcasms b/c it's not in his mind
> so best not take it personally. *vegetation that falls into depressions and
> low lying areas is converted to TP for harvesting about 20 years later*:
> that doesn't say if the soil had been prepared or not, and it's very
> unlikely that it was not. Else there'd be TP all over the world wherever
> there's been a pile of compost.

 Time is certainly  afactor

An article you might find interesting
file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Lucy/Desktop/Michaels%20Folde%20may%20o8r/Pictures/Carbon%20and%20fuel.htm

Michael the Archangel
"Politicians will never solve The Problem;
because they don't realise they are The Problem.".
-Robert ( Bob ) Parsons 1995