[Terrapreta] Exotic' species alter soil fertility

Michael Bailes michaelangelica at gmail.com
Sun Jun 1 06:09:42 CDT 2008

"Forgive them father for they know not what they do"
It seems to my atheist predilections, that we don't have a clue about what
is happening under our feet.
 Nor do we even have good scientific techniques for surveying or assessing
this.
It may turn out that the whole TP phenomenon might be attributable to a
unique Amazonian "wee beastie".(S)
A recent USA study bemoaned the fact that the introduced earthworm was
changing USA soil irrecoverably. From memory the USA had /has only two
varieties of earthworm. (?)

The European introduction is changing the soil forever
A bit like when we spary soil with propriety microrganism mixtures. Are we
doing good? Are we doing damage
How many thousands of 'wee beasties are becoming extint beacause of our
activities?
Who knows?

2008/5/29 Ruy Korscha Anaya de la Rosa <korscha at gmail.com>:

> Apparently our knowledge about soils is still limited and since the pros
> and cons of a project depend on its specific situation, we have to study it
> on a case-by-case basis.
>
> Obviously the former applies to Terra Preta.
>
> 'snip'
> Ruy

Michael the Archangel
"Politicians will never solve The Problem;
because they don't realise they are The Problem.".
-Robert ( Bob ) Parsons 1995