[Terrapreta] Folke's retort kiln

folke Günther folkeg at gmail.com
Sun Jun 1 17:05:34 CDT 2008

Hi!
The wiki says:
*'An outside heat source pyrolyzes the retort contents,
**No, the pyrolysation (=gasification of flammable gasses from he biomass)
takes place within the small barrel. Outside, it is just common burning.**
small openings in the retort allow wood gas to escape, but restrict the flow
of oxygen in.  Retorts are capable of very high yield efficiency.'
**It is even simpler. There are no 'holes', just an open, upside down
barrel. The pyrolysis gasses emerges though the chink between the barrel and
the bottom (of the larger barrel) on which it stands on, for immediate
burning in the fireplace between the two barrels. (Just like a common fire!)
KISS

YS
FG
***