[Terrapreta] 20 million artificial trees to scrub CO2

Biopact biopact at biopact.com
Sun Jun 1 22:54:43 CDT 2008

Spot on, Peter.
What's more, with real trees and the biochar system, you can generate energy and sequester C at the same time. Let's not forget that the world is going to need 50% more energy by 2030. Where are we going to get that? Not coal I hope?

So let's plant trees, use a fraction of those to cover our growing energy needs, in the biochar system.

Artificial trees don't generate energy, they don't yield ecosystem services beyond scrubbing CO2 out of the atmosphere. The biochar system does.