[Terrapreta] no instantaneousness = no overnight

francoise precy f.precy at hotmail.co.uk
Sun Jun 1 23:11:46 CDT 2008

Hello Sean

"I'm quite sure I never said putting charcoal into soil "instantaneously" makes it into Terra Preta soil. If you think so, then show me the post where I said that.":
Soil-wise, "overnight" = "instantaneous" =unbalanced approach.

Message: 5
Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 21:43:24 -0500
From: "Sean K. Barry"
Subject: Re: [Terrapreta] Old native earth ovens.
To: "'Kurt Treutlein'" , "'terra pretta group'"
, "MFH"

Hi Max,

I suspect making Amazon style TP soils would take quite a long time. Its just a thought though. Maybe the effect could be made to happen overnight or in a single growing season with one application of the "right stuff", too. Who knows?