[Terrapreta] expansion

Kevin Chisholm kchisholm at ca.inter.net
Tue Jun 3 15:16:58 CDT 2008

Sean K. Barry wrote:
> Hi Kurt,
>
> I think you read perhaps more into what I said than what I intended.
> That might be my fault.  *If 1000 ppm occurs*, I think the
> ramifications will be as I proposed.  Make sure to note the word IF,
> please.  I said IF!   I think 2000 ppm by 2100 is high.  My guess
> would be 700-800 ppm by 2100.  This by just extrapolating current
> trends (+ ~4ppm/yr) and a presumption that this world will do nothing
> to stop this trend.

If you assume an increase in energy demand of 1% per year, CO2 additions
would be about 2.498 times as much per year by 2100... say 10 ppm per
year. There is enormous pent up demand in China, India, Brazil, and the
under developed countries. The per capita consumption will increase, and
in addition, the capitas will increase. With both these factors
compounded, one could perhaps support a 3% compounded growth in energy
demand and increase in atmospheric CO2. Assuming that nothing else
changes, and the energy is there, then the CO2 in 2100 would be 380 x
(1.03)^92 = 5,765 ppm

> Again, you find my response hysterical.  So says you? ....

It is like watching clouds... you can see anything you want if you wait
long enough, and if you make assumptions that will give you the answers
you want.

If we start with wrong data, a wrong model, and make non-credible
assumptions, then we will get wrong answers that are not credible.
Simple, eh?

> I have a question for you .... Which US currency dollars are worth
> more, 2008 dollars or 2108 dollars?

And I have a question for you: Do you think there will be a US Dollar in
2108? There is talk about folding it into the Amero.

Kevin