[Terrapreta] tipping point

lou gold lou.gold at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 12:24:03 CDT 2008

*ABOUT THE AUTHOR*
Bill McKibben is a scholar in residence at Middlebury College. His *The End
of Nature*, published in 1989, is regarded as the first book for a general
audience on global warming.

You may totally disagree, but this guy is not fluff.

The point, simply stated, is that many are drawing the tipping point
conclusion and starting to seek for emergency strategies of adaptation. A
massive program revising agricultural methods in order to sequester carbon
in the soil (as suggested recently by James Hansen) is one of the options,
an option that seems intimately connected to terra preta. And thus I see
absolutely no reason to indicate that is somehow "off-topic" on a terra
preta list.

It is your task to explain why you don't see carbon sequestration in the
soil as related to terra preta.

I'm waiting with interest.

lou

http://lougold.blogspot.com