[Terrapreta] History on the climate aspects of the terrapreta list

Greg and April gregandapril at earthlink.net
Thu Jun 5 11:14:57 CDT 2008

Not a red herring, just what I honestly thought was a near example and question.

I never said that we didn't ever want government involvement, I was just questioning the timing.

Right now, we have so little hard core information about TP and it's usefulness as a soil amendment outside of the tropics, that is we went before congress looking for funding that all they are going to see is allot of maybe's, possablys, and 'in theory's.    Is that not part of why TP research received but a tiny fraction in this last farm bill?

I'm just saying that if we want to compete with the likes of the Ethanol lobby, we need to have more hard facts, in order to get more funding, and we certainly can not rely on congress critters to supply us with the funds to get those facts in the first place.

Perhaps the thing to do, is get the facts to the ethanol lobby or other Lobbing group that could benefit from TP, and convince them that TP is in their best interest so they can do the lobbying for TP.

Greg H.