[Terrapreta] Global Warming arguments

Kevin Chisholm kchisholm at ca.inter.net
Fri Jun 6 09:03:01 CDT 2008

Dear Lou

I would think that you would agree with me if I said:

"All people on the Terra Preta List are here because:
A: We want to do good through New Terra Preta. (NTP)
B: We want to make money from some aspect of New Terra Preta. (NTP)
C: We want to achieve fame and recognition through NTP
D: All the above."

lou gold wrote:
> YES to all, Michael, as long as it does not preclude telling the story

We on the TP List are all interested in new information that is relevant
to the above.  We are all aware of what the IPCC report says, and
repetition of its message does not bring any new information to the
table. Such repetition of the IPCC message is both unhelpful and
distractionary from our basic reasons for being here. What would you
think about restricting the stories to those that bring new information
to the table?
> and rationalizing the technologies in ways that maximize the potential
> for capturing carbon credits by all -- including the rich and the poor,

This is the TP List... not the "Carbon Credit Capture List". The Rich
will make money with paper transactions where they trade in Carbon
Credits. The Poor will benefit primarily from the use of TP as an
agricultural supplement. Are we more interested in helping the Rich
become richer, or the Poor to improve their basic quality of life?
> as well as the believers and the unbelievers in AGW.

What is more important: what we believe, or what we do? If the comfort
level of "GW Believers" is shaken simply because there are
"non-Believers", this suggests that the "Believers" are on shaky ground.
Lets focus our TP List Effort on activities that advance the actual use
of NTP.

> I am quite certain that most skeptics will be happy to avail
> themselves of economic opportunities if they are positioned to do so.

Certainly! Anything you can do to help point out, or implement, economic
opportunities involving NTP will be greatly appreciated!

To recap:
1: We already know the IPCC position.
2: We already know that payments for Carbon Credits would help make NTP
more economic

You previously indicated that you are working with a group in Brazil to
implement a NTP program at a Village or Community level. That is
absolutely wonderful! What do you need to know that would help them be
the success we all want them to be?

Best wishes,

Kevin