[Terrapreta] Research and knowledge

Roy Lent rwlent at gmail.com
Sat Jun 7 17:06:40 CDT 2008

I would say that we "TPers" are desperately in need of a research institute!
We are primitives just starting to nibble around the edge of a process that
may lead in unforeseen directions. If, as it appears, surface area at the
microscopic level is of prime importance, then my original assumption that
the finer you pulverize the char, the better, makes sense. It would indicate
that if the char is saturated with water and frozen, its activity would
improve ... maybe. There is an almost infinity of variables possible as to
substrate, processing, soil type where it is used, time in the ground, etc.

We are a group that knows it has an effect that is useful and would like to
use it but we don't know very much about it. I suspect that in the future
thick textbooks will be published on this subject but at this time we don't
even know many of the chapter titles! I feel like an old time alchemist
trying to discover cold fusion.

Roy