[Terrapreta] Hansen's Proposal

Duane Pendergast still.thinking at computare.org
Sun Jun 8 08:19:14 CDT 2008

            Terra Preta enthusiasts!

All this recycled talk of cap and trade, emission limits, carbon tax, and
tax and dividend focuses on reducing emissions. Canada's National Post
newspaper has featured many such articles this past week.  Please note that
Canada's public discussion of such has gone far beyond that of the US since
Canada was foolish enough to both sign onto and ratify the Kyoto Protocol.

I don't see much dialogue on the possibility of providing incentives for
technologies which actually remove CO2 from the atmosphere. That lack is
also apparent in publications of the IPCC.

This is one topic area where list members might interface with the huge,
repetitive, and boring discussion of means to reduce emissions which is
taking place outside this list.

Duane