[Terrapreta] First Hello & General Background

Richard Haard richrd at nas.com
Sat Jun 14 14:29:21 CDT 2008

On Jun 12, 2008, at 9:06 PM, Lloyd Helferty wrote:

> I'm hope that everyone copied on this thread who has an interest in
> Biochar
> and field trials in Ontario will eventually sign up to the group.  I
> know it
> might be a lot to ask (I have difficulty keeping up with my own e-
> mail most
> of the time too), but I think it's important to do this.
>
> 	Lloyd Helferty
> 	Thornhill

Lloyd - I'm in Washington State conducting my own trials at our native
plant nursery. If you have not already you can see my postings in
files section with a search on Haard as key word.

First I hope you keep in contact with this list with your key posts
for the files section of this list.

Second I am preparing a report of my first look findings at use of
charcoal powder in my fields in 2005.

I am using cover crop to show effect of  charcoal in soil. It is
simple and easy to read the results. Unfortunatey in my example we
have not been able to sequence the 6 acres I tested but what I can see
this year is very exciting and easy to accomplish. You might consider
my technique as a general screening for effects.

Rich H