[Terrapreta] "Charging" biochar with nutrients

Julian Jackson julianj at totalise.co.uk
Sun Jun 22 08:05:58 CDT 2008

Hi all,

I have just joined this list.  I am intending to create a sustainable
urban garden in my locality and use biochar in the soil of the raised beds.

I have purchased some charcoal for experiments and am soaking it in
various fertilisers, both organic and non-organic.

As I understand it, as a TP beginner, it needs to hold nutrients or it
will leach them from the compost, having the opposite effect to what is
wanted.

Is there a method you can recommend to charge it up?

thanks

Julian
--

Julian Jackson

Internet Consultancy and Training

www.julianjackson.co.uk <http://www.julianjackson.co.uk/>

New: Picture Researchers and Photobuyers discussion forum

www.julianjackson.co.uk/forum <http://www.julianjackson.co.uk/forum>

Software Review Online

www.softwarereviewonline.com <http://www.softwarereviewonline.com/>