[Terrapreta] Refining Bio-oil to a Diesel/Gasoline substitute

Justin Olsson marinebio72 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 30 10:48:32 CDT 2008

To All:

Does anyone know where I can find information on "upgrading" biooil to
be used as a substitute directly for diesel/gasoline? There is explicit
reference to it in The Charcoal Vision: A Win–Win–Win Scenario for
Simultaneously Producing Bioenergy, Permanently Sequestering Carbon,
while Improving Soil and Water Quality, but the source that it lists
only discusses it tangentially, and no numbers are provided. If anyone
knows of a source for this, please let me know -- it does not have to be
freely available -- I have access to pretty much every journal in existence.

Thanks,

Justin Olsson